5 hidden beaches in Costa Brava to get the perfect tan
The onset of summer has got us excited! What better way to spend your evenings than prepping for vacations and good weather. For those of you still deciding on the ideal destination, to soak in maximum Vitamin D and perfecting your summer tan, Costa Brava is your go-to place! With its pristine Mediterranean beaches and glimmering teal blue waters, it’s one of the most beautiful and unspoilt coasts in Europe. Less than a two hours’ flight away from Britain, you can enjoy gorgeous seascapes with vast stretches of fine sand and go home with enviable summer skin and texture.
We have picked out our five favourite beaches where you can lay comfortably, sip on your favourite Beauty & Go SUMMER SKIN drinks and work your skin to a beautiful olive-brown:
1. Platja de Treumal, La Selva
Located to the south of Costa Brava in the region of La Selva, it is a typical Costa Brava beach. Extra brown points to it for its accessible location at just five minutes from the city centre of Blanes. The beach is situated alongside the foot of Pinya de Rosa, a protected area that stretches 400m and has a beautiful botanical garden full of cacti. A true marvel indeed!
2. Cala El Golfet, Palafrugell
Cala El Golfet is a hidden cove amongst the most splendid cliffs of Costa Brava. It is little known by foreigners so you can definitely avoid the summer rush and spread your towels comfortably without bumping your elbows into your neighbour.
3. Aiguablava, Begur
Where the white sand meets the turquoise blue waters and blends effortlessly with the surrounding landscape, this beach is made of dreams. It is one of the best in all of Costa Brava. Lay on the beach as the golden rays of the sun caress your skin or take a dip in the exquisite sea, a day at Aiguablava is bound to leave you calm like never before.
4. Es Codolar, Tossa de Mar
Stretching for only 80, Es Codolar is a small shingle beach wedged one of the watchtowers of Tossa de Mar and the slopes of a cliff. It’s lined with local fishing boats that make for a lovely sight as they bob up and down over the waves. It’s not as easily accessible as other beaches in Tossa de Mar due to the flights of stairs involved to reach there, so you are most likely to avoid family crowds. However, we recommend going early in the day to claim your tan territory!
5. Cala Sa Sabolla, Cadaqués
This beach cove is for the adventurous hikers! It is almost impossible to get close to the beach if not on foot or either by a boat or kayak. However, the views on the way and the precious underwater views make it completely worth the adventure.
Tan care essentials
As you get all set for vacay mode, make sure to pack these 3 tan essentials for your beach holiday:
- Moisturiser: It’s essential to moisturise the night before you plan to lay out in the sun. Dehydrated skin gets all the more dehydrated in the sun and becomes flaky. So even if you develop a tan, you will end up losing it very quickly.
- SPF SPF SPF! UV rays can cause permanent skin damage. It can leave your skin saggy and wrinkly with dark spots as well as flaky. So you want to make sure you apply and reapply your sunscreen when you’re tanning.
- SUMMER SKIN drink: We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to stay hydrated while out in the sun to keep breakouts at bay. You can switch out a bottle of water with 1 SUMMER SKIN drink a day. Its bioactive formula, rich in fruits, vegetables and other nutrients will help build your skin’s natural defences against the sun and tan safely. The MACRO-antioxidants®, exclusive to Beauty & Go, will fight any free radical damage caused by sun exposure and prevent signs of premature ageing.