Pre Holiday Guide
Summer is almost here, which means now is the time to prepare your skin and body for your summer holiday. I have designed a 2-week pre holiday meal plan including specific foods that provide natural protection against sun damage.* Following the plan will also increase your energy levels, reduce bloating and help you lose weight. Get your copy of the meal plan below.
Look out for my post holiday guide and meal plan in my next post, which will help you and your skin recover after your holiday.
Antioxidants can act in a similar (but weaker) way to sunscreen – when the sun’s rays hit your skin, antioxidants in the body move upwards and form a protective shield like sunscreen! Studies have shown that antioxidants provide protection against UV rays and can even reduce sunburn. Your plan is therefore designed to include specific foods to build up your skin’s natural defences prior to your holiday. Here is a summary of some of the foods and their benefits.
Pomegranates: contain punicalagins with strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. One study found that pomegranate extract protected skin fibroblast cells (the ones that make collagen) against damage and death from UVA and UVB rays.
Tomatoes (cooked), watermelon, papaya, red peppers, mango: contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. In one study, participants ate tomato paste for 12 weeks and after exposure to UV light, experienced 48% less reddening than those that didn’t.
Carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, mango: contain beta-carotene, which provides natural protection against UV damage.
Spinach, kale, dark green leaves, leeks, peas, eggs: contain lutein, also found to have sun protective actions.
Green Tea contains polyphenols, powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that can help make your skin more resistant to sunburn, inflammation and even the longer term ageing effects of the sun.
Dark chocolate is one of the best sources of a type of antioxidant called flavonoids, which can help protect the skin.
Salmon, mackerel, walnuts, seeds, especially chia and flax: provide essential fats, which act as a natural moisturiser from within to help reduce the dehydrating effects of the sun. Omega-3 fats in oily fish also reduce inflammation in the body, which can help with heat rashes and sunburn.
4 Summer Skin Care Tips
Beauty & Go Summer Skin contains a combination fruits, vegetables, nutrients and bioactive ingredients that help build up your skin’s natural defences to the sun. It will help your skin stay soft, supple, hydrated and radiant and can even help you tan safely. Here is a summary of some of the ingredients and their benefits
- Contains a range of sun-protective antioxidants, including beta-carotene from carrots, green tea, coenzyme Q10 and MACRO-antioxidants®, exclusive to Beauty & Go and with 3x longer lasting protection than regular antioxidants.
- V5 Multivitamin Complex comprises vitamins A, C, E, B6 and B12, which provide protection against free radical damage caused by the sun and boosts the effectiveness of MACRO-antioxidants®.
- Zinc is an essential mineral needed for skin healing and supporting the body’s internal antioxidant defense systems.
- Aloe Vera is well known for its soothing effects on sunburn, due to its anti-inflammatory effects. Also promotes healing and cellular repair of the skin as well as being extremely hydrating.
- Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid support skin’s structure, help maintain elasticity and suppleness of skin. Hyaluronic acid acts as a natural moisturiser from within.
Two Week Meal Plan
Our in-house nutritionist has designed a 2 week pre-holiday meal plan for you to follow. The exclusive meal plan including specific foods that provide natural protection against sun damage.* Following the plan will also increase your energy levels, reduce bloating and help you lose weight. Subscribe below to download the 2 week pre-holiday meal plan.
*Foods can provide only limited protection against sun damage and are never a substitute for safe sun exposure or sunscreen.